Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Work from last weekend.


Did some fitting to the rear quarter. I think I am going to fill in all the seams on the car at the body panel joints just to smooth things out. After many hours of work and rework I am finally getting some where. It will by no way be perfect but it will look good.








Top left is the lower corner for the rear glass. The tacked edge in the middle is one of the seams I am smoothing out. Lots of slow work.












This one is a little bright. I took this approach on attaching under the sail panel from a fellow member on Steve's nova site forum. He did this on his two door. I cut the top edge off the quarter and welded it to the car the fitted it all together.










On a two door you get a door jamb to work with. I have a four door so I do not get that luxury.
I have no prior body work knowledge and I could not find any reference photos of doing a four door quarter. I fitted the quarter as close as I could then I cut the door jamb section out and started fitting to the quarter. Originally the Jamb was creating a large gap at the lower door area. I could not get it to go back. I took about 1/8th out of the inside jam and it moved the gap back closer to where it should be.























Inside of the top trunk weather strip lip. It came together better than I thought it would.

No comments:

Post a Comment