Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tucker Salyer

Riley and Tucker

Riding the PW-50
Tuck and dad at a game.

"I am speed" New Lightning McQueen bike.

My uncle Steve, Me, Tucker, Riley and Pa Paw James.

Vintage Cat!

Hanging around.

Galveston ferry ride.

Playing in the leaves.

Tuesday I took my five year old son Tucker back to the doctor to redo a simple blood test. By eleven thirty the doctor called my wife and said get Tucker to Children's Hospital in Dallas before 4 pm. We packed not enough clothes etc... picked up Tucker and hauled butt. I safely exceeded the laws of I-20 traffic as far as I was concerned. We checked in by two something and got to his room by three. Before I knew it we were surrounded by six doctors looking at Tucker and listening to our answers their questions. We had a million questions also. After two days of testing Tucker had surgery to install a port to give his chemo and Iv's and also had a bone marrow sample taken and a spinal tap to check fluid and replaced that fluid with his first chemo treatment. He was diagnosed with ALL type Leukemia with precursor B. He starts actual day one of Chemo on Thursday about noon. He will have a six month run of intense meds. Month one will cause hair loss and maybe a bad temper. Month two - six they say are better this there are no set backs. During this first month we will have him at Children's in Dallas every Thursday for a half to full day of tests and treatment. He will be on daily treatment from home also. After the first six months Tucker will continue treatments for two and a half years. The doctors and staff here are great and expect a cure for him. I ask for all the prayers you can make. Also be thinking of his big brother Riley as these changes will effect his life also. He will not be sick but he will see a change. Shelly and I plan to incorporate Riley in Tuckers recovery as much as possible so he will feel as he is helping and keep our focus on family. Family is all that maters any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment